Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sneaking in Under the Wire....

Recovering today from the big 4 yr old birthday bash yesterday and Paste Eater's Night right after.  Football, sadly, wasn't all that exciting.  I managed to get a card created that incorporated 4 different challenges.

Challenge #1 - MIM with Papertrey Ink was to do a card with multiple mats & framing
                      This one ends in just an hour or so.
Challenge #2 - Papertrey Playhouse challenge to use stamps that haven't seen ink
                      This one was from September 14 that I didn't get to play along with.
Challenge #3 - Papertrey Playhouse challenge to use dies that haven't cut paper 
                       This one was from September 28 and I didn't get to play along with it either.
Challenge #4 - Papertrey Playhouse Season of Change photo inspiration
                       This challenge is still up if you'd like to play along.  You should see the photo - so pretty but makes me happy to be in the southwest without snow!



I pulled out my Mat Stack Collection stamp sets & dies.  I've got several of them but just haven't used them all that much.  I figured they were perfect for Dawn's multi-mat & frame challenge and also fit perfectly with Dana's September challenges.  Then all I needed to do was to incorporate Victoria's challenge. The first thing that stood out to me from the photo Victoria posted as inspiration were the colors.  So I kept it simple with red, orange & white.

Supply list: all items PTI unless noted otherwise - Mat Stack 4 collection stamp & die (orange herringbone), Mat Stack 2 collection stamp (red flourish), Mat Stack 1 collection stamp (leaf & acorn), Falling Leaves (sentiment),  Linen/Canvas impression plate, seam binding - United Ribbons, orange cardstock - Core'dinations, card base & ink - The Paper Company

4 comments:

  1. I was recovering today too! That doesn't mean we are old, right?? LOL! I loveeeeeee the card! Loving the colors and that pin! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely textures! It is a catch-22, isn't it? Either you get beautiful Fall or no Winter... Tough decision!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice - I love the texture in this card and the mat stack is perfect on this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Thanks for playing along, Krista! Love your card.

    ReplyDelete