Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Deep in the heart of Texas

I've long wanted to participate in design teams but felt it would be a conflict when I was a sales rep.  So I'm very happy to have been able to join the design team at Paper Vineyard recently.  Each week Adriana asks that the DT create with a specific theme and/or product.  Today I'm showcasing the really cool custom chipboard state names offered through Grapevine Designs.  (If you haven't seen the stuff they're doing, you are so totally missing out!!)


When deciding what size/style of project to do, I pulled out a 6x10 album I started a while back.  The pages in it are just for me & just about me.  Some are serious, some are silly.  But this is an album for no one else but myself.  So I thought it was fitting to add a page to it about my thoughts and feelings about my favorite state.

I chose Texas for my state.  When I was thinking about what I wanted to do for my project I was thinking about all the things about Texas that I liked.  And I thought about how those things have impacted me throughout life.

This is a 6 x 8 3/4 piece of chipboard (I actually cut down an old Bisquick box to use.  Reduce.  Reuse. Recycle. at it's best as art materials)  I'll punch holes in the top (the blue side in this case) to add it to the album.  I like the unusual size and orientation - makes it a little more interesting when creating.  I recreated the Texas flag with patterned papers and then added a stitched heart and the lyrical reference to Texas.  The "Texas" is the intricately laser cut chipboard from Grapevine Designs.  I added a little acrylic paint to it and cut down some foam squares to pop it up.  This allows the state name to stand out against the background but not compete with it or be overwhelmed by it.  

I added my thoughts about Texas and how I've incorporated it's lessons into my life on the back.
Be sure to check out the Paper Vineyard blog on Tuesday to see what the other DT members have come up with!!

3 comments:

  1. That is really really AWESOME, Texas Girl! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooooooooooooo hooooooooooo! CONGRATS on the DT! I so need to go to that store with you sometime!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee this album! LOVING the stitching and the journaling! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work! Welcome to the design team!

    ReplyDelete