Sunday, October 16, 2011

A little more coloring recently..

Still trying to get myself caught up on class projects (look for posts on them and updates in the Class Projects tab) but took a little time last night to just color.  Felt really good.  I pulled out the Roxy roller girl stamp from Kraftin' Kimmie I got from 7 Kids College Fund recently.  (For my favorite stamps from KK check out the images in Moonlight Whispers)

I wanted to send a thank you card to my soul sister for a thoroughly awesome & unexpected gift and for helping talk me down off the ledge recently.  Since she's a derby girl, and a large part of the reason I went for it, Roxy just seemed like the perfect choice.

Here's my colored image
If you checked Roxy out (go on, it's a live link) you'll see that my roller girl doesn't look the same.  I'm starting to branch out a little bit and have begun "altering" an image once it's stamped to make it personal.  Super easy to do, even if you can't draw a straight line.  Just make sure you're drawing with a Copic Multiliner.  You'll be able to color over it with your Copics with no issue.

I'll be creating a card to put Roxy on soon so she can get airborne to Utah.  And if you're curious about the colors I choose, I wanted her to look like #57 Miss Business Das and mimic the colors for Wasatch Roller Derby.

And one additional item I colored last night.  After my PVDT post, I grabbed a scrap of shrink plastic to try to make a wine charm.  I sanded the shrink plastic and stamped the image using Memento ink.  I didn't dry so I just set it aside on my desk and forgot about it.  Last night it was plenty dry to color. 

I used: V95, BV23, V99, RV69, YG93, YG95, YG99 

The colors will deepen, darken and become more intense as the plastic shrinks.  That meant the leaves were much darker than I liked.  Easy solution.  A little Colorless Blender on terry cloth dabbed onto the colored area lightened them right up.  To make a set of wine charms I'd likely color each charm using a  monochromatic color scheme with each charm being a specific color of the rainbow.  Hmm.  Maybe I've got an idea for some Christmas gifts this year.

One last image for you.  I colored the grapes one more time.  This time I changed up the leaves a little.  Much happier with them.  I used all of the same colors as the original I just changed what I colored with them.  What do you think of the difference?

2 comments:

  1. Your coloring is amazing! Roxy looks nice and sassy...reminds me of someone I know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveeeeeee Roxy! She looks AWESOME!! We having a get together next Saturday? :):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete