Saturday, October 29, 2011

Papertrey Ink MIM - Brayered Impressions

Papertrey Ink's latest Make It Monday challenge, presented by Betsy Veldman, was to brayer ink over an embossed panel.  My brayer is in pretty bad shape so I just went old school and did direct to paper with my ink pad.  I played with several different impression plates and inks and this is the one that became a card.
 





I used the Animal Prints Impression Plate which I haven't played with yet.  I also elected to use several other die cuts - the Heart #7 by Accucut & the Zelda alpha from Quickutz (another rarely used item) - to keep it simple and show off the embossing.  The inside has the remainder of the sentiment.















The sentiment is from Wonderful Words Additions and Tiny Treats: Valentines.
This was a really fun technique and one I want to remember to use more in the future.







One more creation from last night finally put a favorite colored image onto a card.  I wanted to really highlight the colored image, after all she's the rock star.  One thing I really liked is the paper on the bottom of the card - the design really reminds me of bearings. 

4 comments:

  1. Love love love these! I loveeee that heart on the first one ... and loving the circle paper on the second one! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that roller chic is AWESOME!!! LOVE the wild card too!!! Kind of up your alley... wild card! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love animal prints! The WILD is also so cute! Great job with your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you projects. You are really cranking stuff out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete