Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Paper Vineyard Authentique & Favorite Tool Challenge

I've been hearing a lot about Authentique but hadn't been able to see it or play with it.  So I was really delighted when I saw this challenge.  I was even happier when I saw the paper.  So very pretty.  Paper Vineyard has 4 of their collections in the store.  I'll be grabbing up more from the Blissful line as well as lots of papers from the Uncommon line.  They've also got Journey & Glowing.  And if those papers aren't enough to entice you into the store - EVERYTHING is 25% off thru the end of the month!

In addition to using the Authentique papers we were to highlight our favorite tool.  I'm so bad at following directions. *sigh* I couldn't choose just one tool.  I'm a total tool geek & believe that tools should make your crafting time faster & easier.  I NEVER seem to create anything without my Fiskars 6" trimmer, Zip Dry adhesive & Tweezer Bee tweezers.  And more often than not you'll also find Spellbinders Dies on my projects.  All of these tools do just that for me.


Here's the card I created for the challenge.  I had a Core'dinations card base (love those too!) that perfectly matched the Blissful line.  I distressed the edge of my patterned paper and stitched a strip of matching patterned paper near the top.  Some dark grey grosgrain (love how the stitching around the card is mimicked with the saddle stitch on it) under a die cut, embossed and sanded Picot Edge Circle.   I added a few more Spellbinder die cut & embossed circles on top of it with a stamped message.  I kept this one non-theme specific so I can use it for any number of occasions.  

7 comments:

  1. Krista I love this. I need to get on a card in a hurry and am thinking this is my inspiration -Have to tell you - my sister has been a Koenig for nearly 40 years. I see your name and I have to smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are a tool geek! But, that is one of the reasons I love you so much! Look how much you taught this scrappin' virgin all those years ago! But don't ever ask me which way the slats go in the Spellbinders! LOL!! Loveeeeeeeee the card! LOVING those colors! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we are all tool geeks! Love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with your card! I love the color and the texture! Awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those papers are great- great color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The design of your card is out standing with well wisher greetings.
    loyalty card printing
    PVC cards

    ReplyDelete