Sunday, May 13, 2012

Papertrey Ink: MIM #65 & PTPH Make An IMpression

It's been ages since I've been able to play along with any challenges.  But I was able to create a couple of cards this afternoon and did so with a couple of challenges in mind.

Here's my creation for Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday Challenge #65
We were to create a background with paper scraps.  This is actually something I do a good bit of so it was right up my alley.  What I don't do often is shabby chic a la Melissa Phillips.  That's who I was thinking of when I was making this.  Don't think I came anywhere close to her gorgeous shabby-ness but I do see things that remind me of her.  The fabric flower with multi layers, the inking, the tiny little hearts from her Tiny Tags dies and the pins.  I'll leave the sentiment off until I decide what to use it for.

This is for Papertrey Playhouse's latest challenge - Make An Impression
Mary challenged us to use a PTI Impression Plate on our card.  I chose to deboss rather than emboss my card front.  No particular reason other than it was the opposite of what everyone else was likely to do.  :)   I stayed with the Just the Ticket product line and used the ticket die and stamps as well.  And to add a little more color and tie in with the stars in the oval I Die cut Spellbinders stars to tuck around the tickets.   I may just hold onto this for Mel's birthday in a few weeks.

If you're stopping by from the MIM blog hop, consider participating in the Playhouse's challenge too.

Have a great day!!









1 comment: