Here's the layout. I'll share some details about it after the photos.
I created a tag to put my journaling on. I hadn't quite decided what I wanted to say yet so it's still blank. The tag slides in behind the photo to the backside of the layout. This is for several reasons: 1) I didn't decide I wanted to add a tag until after I'd already adhered the photo down and 2) it was the only place or way left to add a tag after I'd adhered the photo.
- measured the width of the envelope on the front of the layout and used a craft knife to cut a slit just a little bit larger
- trim off a portion of the envelope so it was as long as I wanted
- adhere the envelope on back of layout so the open end lines up with the slit in the layout
- to make sure there was additional strength as well as to make sure there wouldn't be any issues when taking out & inserting my tag I also added some scotch tape near the slit and on the sides.
- I also made my tag out of chipboard for extra sturdiness
If you'd like to see more "handmade/stitched paper" check out my blog post on Oct 16.
Supplies: Crate Paper 6x6 Paper Heart Collection pad, Core'dinations cardstock, Making Memories rub ons, Heidi Grace designs/Fiskars paper flower W/ brad, 7 Gypsies chipboard letters, Spellbinders dies for labels, washi tape unknown, Ranger TH Distress Ink