I can't believe how long it's been since I've blogged. I didn't forget about it and even had several posts planned but as often happens, life got busy.
A few highlights from the past month:
- Mel & I celebrated our 20th anniversary on November 9. Dinner out at On The Border & a movie. Sadly, I'd recommend waiting for Tower Heist to come out on DVD. I had high expectations with the cast it had and it was ok, but it didn't live up to my high hopes. *sigh*
- I passed my skills test in November to move up to the next level in derby. I'm officially a member of the Smasher Squad. The best part about that is that I can scrimmage now!! Who'd ever have thought that I'd be happy to get hit!? Here's the picture Mel took when I got home and told him I'd made it.
- AZRD was able to decorate a tree at Phoenix Children's Hospital. This was especially meaningful for me since a friend of mine takes her daughter there on a regular basis. And I was so delighted to hear they were able to find it. Here's a picture of Julie & Brooke next to it.
- I created salt dough ornaments to decorate cookie gifts for the neighbor's this year. I made one of them for the tree. Brooke & Julie picked it out immediately! Look for a post soon about this project! I'm thinking these would be super fun for a class!
- If you're looking for something to do that doesn't cost a fortune I've got 2 ideas for you. Come to the next home bout for AZRD on Jan 14 at Castle Sports Club. Doors open at 6 pm. Tickets $12 adults/$6 kids at the door or get them early for $10/$5. Or buy tickets from me for the Coyotes game Feb 28. Normally $36 each, tickets from me are only $20 each. Section 205, rows H & I. I'd love to win free dues for a month by selling the most tickets so please spread the word.
- Between the holiday craziness I'm hard at work on new classes starting in January. Look for me at The Occasional Artist (formerly The Creative Quest), Scrapbook Barn, Frenzy Stamper, Paper Vineyard & Paper & Metal Scrappers.
- I will be adding project pictures & info to the Class Projects tab as quickly as I can. Check out the cards for the Colorful Copic Valentines at The Occasional Artist Jan 14 9 - 10:30 am.
- I've suspended the DIEnomite! class. I'll be revamping it and expect to make it available in several stores in the Spring. I'd love to hear any suggestions or ideas for it.
I hope you're having a wonderful holiday season and are all caught up on your shopping and projects. We'll be creating our cards tonight. Check off one thing from my To Do list. :)