Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Been a long time.........

Points to the first person that knows the musical reference in my title.  :)

I certainly haven't meant to be away from the blog for a week but life got in the way of talking with all of my imaginary friends.  Doncha hate it when that happens??!!

I wanted to post the cards for this weekends Copic Club class at The Creative Quest.  If you're still interested after that I'll share some of what's kept me away from the computer.





I just loved this image from My Favorite Things stamps and knew it was perfect for this month's colors and technique.  (You can find all of that info posted under the Class Projects tab). 









The next card that I created for class is this one featuring the Shake It! cards and stamps from Impression Obsession.  I LOVE these Shake It! cards and will be doing lots more of them I'm sure.  And because these are so thin, there won't be any extra postage!  Woo Hoo!

As for what's kept me away from my computer, I've been a busy girl!  I was fortunate enough to be invited to participate in a craft fair last weekend by my friend Julie.  As so often happens, it wasn't the event but the connections you make while you're there that make them worthwhile.  Julie & I met Holly Hunt, the Chief Leaf at Fleur de Teas.  Holly has a totally adorable tea shop at 16th Street & Bethany Home and asked both of us to bring our cards and crafts to her for consignment.  I've been wanting to do this for a long time and just haven't made it a priority.  Sometimes life comes along and kicks you in the behind!   I'll be taking advantage of this opportunity for sure!  So if you're in the area, heck even if you aren't!, stop in to see Holly, sip some tea and browse around.

I've also been busy creating and teaching the Peace Banner class.  I have to say I was amazed and beyond delighted with the creative changes students made to their banners in class.  That is one of my very favorite things about teaching.  Seeing where someone takes the project from my starting point.  Hope to be able to share pics when I get them.

I've also been brainstorming an album concept to turn into a class in the new year.  I'm beyond excited about it and hope others will be too.  It will feature this Artist Edition Notebook from Fancy Pants.  I fell in love with all of the papers in this notebook but was so sad to find out that the only way to get them was in this spiral bound form.  What's a creative girl to do??  Well, for starters, it'll be taken apart, reorganized and then turned into an album that features a TON of journaling - those awesome lines on the back are perfect for this! - and layouts about me.  Or you, if you're taking the class.  :)  It'll be a serial class to spread out the work and I'll warn you, there'll be homework.  But it'll be fun.  I promise.  Look for details in a month or so.

1 comment:

  1. Led Zepplin!!!! Loveeeeeeeeee that song!! Sooooooooooooooo good to see you yesterday!! I need to do a post on Holly also! I really loved her!!! And YOU KNOW I loveeeeeeeeeeeee those cards! You are AMAZING! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete