Thursday, September 9, 2010

Just wanted to share something that was sent to me in an e-mail.  Totally made my night.  I wanted to post it so I always have it to go back to.


"I love your blog - I think I have read every post - but I must say, I feel kinda like I'm reading your diary by flashlight.  You are a very good writer and it definitely keeps my attention."                                          S.H.

 

I LOVE the image of covers over the head and a soft light shining thru so you can finish reading the last few pages.


Reading has always been one of my very favorite ways to pass the time.   Even now I need to read or play word search before I can fall asleep.  Words are powerful.  Words can fire your imagination.  One of the reasons I refuse to watch the Lord of the Rings movies.  I still read the entire book series at least once a year and I don't want my mental images of the characters ruined by Jackson's idea of what that world and characters looks like.  My favorite books continue to be from Stephen King.  I've read all of his books multiple times.  And I love to look at the bookshelf in the family room filled with his books.  For me one of the best things about King's books is that he let's your imagination do the work.  He paints the outline with his words and allows your imagination fill in the colors and details.

 
This photo shows how it feels to read.  Like a hug from a good friend.  I've been so focused on my scrappy magazines lately that I haven't picked up an honest to goodness book.  I need to change that.  Give me some suggestions and why you liked it.  I feel a trip to the library in my future.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I have seen your Stephen King collection...and I love him too!! And I loving that image of the words hugging! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete