Saturday, July 23, 2011

PTI Stamp a faire Challenges #5

Right now this means I have 3 more of the 9 challenges to do & I'll have played in all of them.  Even if I'm to late to enter Nichole's contest I may just do them.  I'm enjoying the creative stretching this is providing today.

This one is for challenge 5 that had us creating a border using a non-border style stamp.  I used the Fillable Frame 6 stamp to create the swirly border that houses the apples.  Fruit Fusion: Apple and it's matching die.  I also did a bunch of selective inking to get the various colors on the stamped apple.  The red dot paper is from Bitty Dot Basics.

I'm not sure this is my favorite creation from today but there are things I like about it.  And I'm starting to find some things I like about the photo light box.  It seems that if I have the kitchen & dining room lights on the photos are less shadowed.  And this time I used the macro setting on my camera.  Slowly but surely I'll get it figured out.

I'd also like to share the first card I created today.  Friends of ours unexpectedly and abruptly had to put their dog to sleep.  Even though it's been a number of years since we dealt with this, I know how much this hurts.  It sounds trite, but it really is true that she's still with you and always will be.

This one used the Sending You stamp set & die as well as paper from My Mind's Eye and K & Co with dark brown twine.

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwwwwwww... Catherine?? I think I remember her doggy being sick... i love the apples on the first one and loving that second one... so sweet! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete