Saturday, July 23, 2011

PTI Stamp a faire Challenge 3

After making home made pancake puppies for breakfast (super yummy!) I've decided to while away the day creating.  And to challenge myself (no pun intended) I've decided to play along with the challenges that Nichole is putting on her blog each hour.  Sometimes I need to be creative that's not related to classes.  These challenges are perfect for getting creativity flowing.

I saw this card on Heather Nichols blog a little while ago and liked the design so much I used it for the most recent DIEnomite! class.  It's just so versatile & classic.  She created another card utilizing the same design and it's the basis of Nichole's third challenge for today.  Here's my take on it.

Plenty of PTI goodies here.  Happy Trails stamp set and die, Picket Fence die & wood grain impression plate, Botanical Silhouettes & Mat Stack 5 die.  One thing I did to keep the continuity between the outside and the inside is that I stamped the butterfly inside the card as well as having it die cut & dimensional on the front.  This made the "trail" make sense whether the card is open or closed.


This is also the first time I've been able to use my new photo light box kit.  Took just a minute to set up.  I'll need to iron the backings so I can get rid of the creases.  Hopefully you'll over look them until I get the chance.  :)  Look for more challenge entries as the day goes on.

1 comment:

  1. Loveeeeeeee this!! LOVING that fence!! And let me know if you like that photo box... I have been wanting to get one! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete