Wednesday, February 20, 2013

March Projects!!

I was able to drop of the projects for March's class this morning at Barn.  I'm pretty happy with them & the feedback I've already gotten regarding them.  Please share your thoughts regarding them.  I'm always looking for ways to improve and add value to class.  Ok, now to the projects....

Impression Obsession has long been a favorite stamp company of mine.  With so many different styles of artists and stamps available, they really do have something for everyone.  And this year they've added dies.  Oh heaven help me!  I'm already bugging them for a die to match the Darling Dahilia, which is the image featured for March.

Here's one of the projects we'll be creating
Please excuse the photo - don't even get me started on the scanner/printer issues I've been having - I literally uploaded this from the camera and haven't done any editing to it.  I know that great photos are important but in this instance I thought any photo was better than none.

One thing I really  like is that each card features not only a different color for the Dahlia, but a different technique.  It's so important to not only be able to envision different ways to color an image but to also have a variety of ways to USE it.  That was always one of the things that stumped me with stamps.  And it's now something I'm really happy to be able to share in my classes.

This project highlights how you can use embossing SAFELY with your markers.  You can easily do this with ANY color (come to class to find out how) but I really think the white is striking.

The remaining projects can be found on the Class Projects tab.  You have two chances to join me and create these cards in March.  Please call the store to sign up as space is limited.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fab class my friend! I love love love love that flower and the tulle!!!

    ReplyDelete