Thursday, August 25, 2011

PTI August Blog Hop

I should know better.  But it seems I don't.  *sigh*  I wanted to try to participate in the August Blog Hop from PTI since I hadn't been able to in a while.  I had a few ideas rolling around and checked out what's already been posted.  That's where I should have known better.  Seems like I either didn't like my ideas anymore or saw several cards already posted that had a similar theme.  Back to the drawing board.  With limited time.  I must like working under pressure.
photo credit
So this is what I came up with.  I elected to take a more literal interpretation of this photo.  I'm not totally happy with it but it is what it is.

I used a lot of PTI goodness on this.  Pacific Vineyard paper to mimic the inside pattern and colors of the trunk.  Tea for Two label die, lots of items from the new Friendship Jar: Summer Fillers set, the original Friendship Jar jar & die, Text Style background on the tag that I did in place of the books in the photo, Birthday Bash Sentiments and Sending You to create the design on the napkin.

I can see several things that I'd like to play around with some more for a card with this kind of fold.  There's lots of potential for interactivity with the pocket on the bottom.  I need to play with this a little more.  I'm thinking it could be a neat way to present multiple gift cards for the holidays or a birthday.  What do you think?

Check out the card I created below for the Papertrey Playhouse Challenge just posted.  I hadn't seen the photo for the Aug Blog Hop and managed to still create a card that would work for the Blog Hop too.  :)













11 comments:

  1. Very cute Krista...love everything tucked into this sweet little pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, this is cool, Krista! I love the interactive features of the card- makes it even more fun to get!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interactive pocket card that could be filled with sooo many things and you filled it to perfection based on the photo!!! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pocket idea! So clever. Great job on challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! It would be perfect for a gift card holder! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your take on the challenge, Krista! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's absolutely fabby...
    most especially knowing it was under pressure...
    fabulous!! :)
    Love all the elements in the pocket...
    and that paper if gorgeous!!
    Truly an inspiring take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! I love how you created the picnic box of goodies from the inspiration photo! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun! Very creative and super adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is AWESOME my friend!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it!!! See you Sat! :):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete