Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Papertrey Playhouse Same Tag Challenge

So often I have great ideas.  But they seem to be just a little too late to put into action.  I was so happy that this wasn't one of those instances.  Signing up for the next round of challenges on the Papertrey Playhouse challenge blog I tried to actually start thinking about what I wanted to do rather than waiting until the last minute.

For some reason I got to thinking about how one of my favorite magazine columns or articles is always where the same products are sent to multiple designers.  Between the ideas that never fail to make me think "why didn't I do that??" to seeing a variety of craft styles make a product work with their approach.

So I elected to use that concept for my challenge.  My twist on it was that I embellished a tag and sent it to everyone rather than them just having the "plain" product to start with.  I managed to not take any pictures or scans of the tags before I sent them out.  *sigh*  But each group member received a manilla tag with stitching around the edges.  I stamped the original Friendship Jar jar image off the edge and layered different PTI papers in a banner shape and circle.  I added some fabric tape over that and a little bit of lace tape near the top.

This is my creation using the "base" tag.  I didn't have anything in mind when I was creating these tags and hadn't even been able to work with  it until the Sunday night prior to posting the challenge for the group.  Once I did have a chance to play I knew I wanted to use the new Summer Fillers set.  I die cut and stamped the new pint jar on a scrap of grid patterned paper.  Since there were items already in place I did a good bit of creative masking to add to my images.  I did a little bit of coloring with my Copics on the single strawberry and straws.  I stamped a single word from 2 different sentiment stamps in this series to create the text in the Tiny Label.  I added some seam binding scraps and layered the tag over a doily.  The background paper is a sweet blue gingham from October Afternoon with stitching to match the tag.  This card feels summery to me.  Just a sweet something to send to a friend and recall summer memories.

I hope you'll consider playing along with those of us in the Playhouse.  Make sure to link your creation here or on the challenge blog so I can see it.

3 comments:

  1. I loveeeeeeeeeeeee this!! LOVING those jars!! You rocked it! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely!! Gives me a summery feeling! I like it a lot!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you card! I am so glad I got to play along with your challenge! So fun for me to use the jar fillers since I do not have those:)

    ReplyDelete