Tuesday, June 28, 2011

PTI Make It Monday #20

I woke up this morning with an idea.  And rather than putting it off I decided to go with it.  It's been a very long time since I've been able to participate in one of the Papertrey Ink or Papertrey Playhouse challenges so I'm extra glad I went with my creativity.

Nichole showcased a 2 step masking technique on the latest MIM video.  I figure that if 2 steps are good then more steps is better right??!

I started with a 3 1/2 x 4 1/4 piece of manilla folder - I'm really enjoying using these lately!  I die cut the Mat Stack 3 die from printer paper, stamped it with one of the Mat Stack 3 images and die cut the circle from the die cut.  I layered the negative over the file folder and used the positive piece to get proper placement for the circle.  A quick airbrush with G94 for the base shape.  Leave the circle in place, lay the positive die cut back down to stamp the background polka dots from Polka Dots Basics.  Remove the circle to stamp the dandelion flower & stem from Botanical Silhouettes.  Replace the circle and trace around it with a 0.05 Copic Multiliner, lay the die down over the airbrushed shape and trace it as well.  Stamp one of the box shapes from Mat Stack 3, add a sentiment from Flower Fusion 2 and some dark brown twine.

Enjoy!!  And I hope you have a wonderful day!!

2 comments: