Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thank You!!

Sometimes the very best gifts are the ones that are simplest.  That's definitely the case with something I was given last night.

I found out in the morning that the wrestling banquet was at 6:30 that evening.  There went my day gloriously filled with not very much.  But I was ok with it since it meant I could spoil my boys one last time.  And the fact that I'd been told by at least 3 parents that they loved my mac & cheese at the recent Pack Invitational made it a certainty that I had to make it again.

A quick dash to the 99 Cent store and Safeway for all the stuff and I was back and boiling noodles by 2 pm.  It's not to early if you figure I was boiling 3 lbs of mac noodles at a time.  And had 9 lbs total that I was making.  Each aluminum pan got about 2/3rds of a 2 lb bag of medium cheddar, mozzarella & colby jack cheese a little milk and butter and some time in the oven.

Hannah took me & the cheesy goodness up to the school to help me bring it in.  Greetings & salutations to my wrestlers, coaches and a few parents.  When asked why I wasn't going to stay I simply said I preferred to be anonymous & just liked being able to do what I do and wasn't interested in public acknowledgment.  

When Hannah & I got home I started our pan of mac & cheese (much smaller than the others) and opened the card Coach Burgess gave me.  The note saying I'd helped make the season easier was wonderful.  But flipping over the other thing in the card sent me squealing and jumping up and down.

How cool is this??!!!!!  I love that I can see their pillows and it almost looks like it does around here when they finally settle down to go to sleep.  I love that they're all smiling and I love the cool, on the spot craftiness of the individual letter signs.  And I can't wait to have them again next year!!

1 comment:

  1. HOLY WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!! That is the COOLEST thing ever!! WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! That brought tears to my eyes! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete