Friday, February 4, 2011

My Favorite PTI card from 2010

I'm just popping in to share my favorite card from 2010 featuring Papertrey Ink products.  February is their birthday month and like all good parties, they've got gifts.  I'd probably faint if I was fortunate enough to win the prize for this particular contest.  But even if I don't, getting a chance to see everyone else's favorite creations will be a gift in itself!  Since this is my first PTI birthday month I'm excited to see what else they've got in store.  I'll be back with a regular blog post soon.  Still trying to catch my breath from the Craft & Hobby Show in LA and the Bead Show in Tucson this past week.


Why this is my favorite PTI creation:  Michelle's Friendship Jar & Friendship Jar Fillers (both with matching dies!) have to be my favorite sets from PTI this past year.  I wouldn't in a million years consider myself to be country, shabby or particularly domestic diva-ish - all of which describe Mish - but I am SO drawn to her creations.  Click on the link to go to her blog and see if you don't agree with me!

I knew as soon as I saw this set I had to have it.  Mish's post about coloring the bloomers & creating realistic looking water cinched it!  I stamped a number of bloomers and started coloring just the way she said.  Once I had it down I did the same kind of thing with other color combination's.  And loved every one of them.  This one is my favorite because of the LACK of coloring I did.  Leaving white space is super HARD for me but learning to do so is greatly improving my coloring.  So being successful at not coloring every bit of an image and seeing how it can really pop when you layer other colors around your image was kind of like an epiphany.   And for the layered colors on the background I used my air compressor and airbrushed it.  Another first and an instant favorite.  I also inked the edges of the stamped & airbrushed piece which I really think adds that shabby, vintage-y Mish style I love.

4 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeeee this!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. I don't have this set but everyone makes it look so inviting. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFULLY colored flowers- this card is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete